If you're one of the millions of Americans who suffer from headaches, you know how debilitating they can be. From mild pressure to throbbing pain that lasts for days, headaches can make it difficult to concentrate or even function normally.
While over-the-counter medications can offer some relief, these remedies are only partially successful for many people. If you're looking for a more effective solution to your headache woes, consider visiting a chiropractor.
Chiropractors have been helping people deal with headaches for years and often achieve great results. If you're tired of living with chronic headaches and are looking for a chiropractor for headaches in Burnsville, Minnesota, look no further than Integrate Institute. We are a chiropractic clinic that offers headache relief through customized treatment plans. Contact us today to schedule your appointment!
What Causes Headaches?
Here are the most common causes of headaches:
- Stress: Stress is a common cause of headaches that can be difficult to pin down. It often just passes with time.
- Hormonal Changes: Hormone fluctuations due to the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, or menopause can also cause headaches.
- Dehydration**: Not drinking enough water can lead to a dry mouth, which in turn decreases saliva production, making it difficult for you to swallow. This increases the likelihood that a headache will occur.
- Food Allergies or Intolerances: Many different substances can potentially cause allergies or intolerances, such as caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, and aspartame (artificial sweeteners).
- Lack of Sleep: Lack of sleep is something many people find themselves dealing with daily. This can potentially trigger a headache. Not getting enough rest could cause your body to produce hormones that increase muscle tension, which increases pressure within the head — therefore causing a potential migraine.
Types of Headaches
Headache is one of the most common problems that people have come across. The headache disorder can be acute or chronic depending on whether it appears once or reappears. Here are some of the most common causes of headaches:
1. Cluster Headache This is a kind of vascular headache that will not affect your overall health, but it does cause immense pain that’s difficult to bear with. It usually appears before someone sleeps at night, making it extremely unbearable during that time.
2. Migraine Headache Migraine headaches come with a warning sign called “Aura,” which means patients will see bright flashing lights in their vision before migraine starts attacking them badly.
3. Sinusitis Headache Sinusitis is another kind of headache that's triggered by a sinus blockage caused by nasal infections or allergies like cold, flu, etc. This will start affecting your senses slowly, causing blurry vision and other side effects.
4. Withdrawal Headache This kind of headache can be caused due to drug withdrawal. Addicts need medication or other treatments to recover from this headache pain.
5. Tension Headache A tension headache is the most common type of headache. It generally occurs due to stress, depression, or anxiety. It can also be caused because of lack of sleep.
How Can a Chiropractor for Headaches in Burnsville, Minnesota Help You?
Chiropractors are more widely known for treating disorders of the neck and back. A chiropractor for headaches in Burnsville, Minnesota, is trained to perform various services to ensure you achieve optimal health.
A chiropractor can relieve headaches through spinal adjustments that reduce pressure on your nerves, creating natural openings for nerve flow.
Pain will often decrease after your first visit because your spine is realigned, allowing nerve roots to release toxins within the body properly.
As there are many reasons why you are experiencing migraine or headache pains, you should have your condition diagnosed by a chiropractor before receiving any treatment. During the first consultation appointment, a chiropractor will discuss your health history and find out when you experience pain throughout the day, so they can diagnose your condition properly.
Each session with a chiropractor could last 30 minutes or an hour, and it is often recommended you attend regular sessions to see the full benefits. Your chiropractor may perform spinal adjustments, offer massages, and teach you exercises such as stretches or yoga poses that can help ease pain naturally, so you don't have to depend on medication.
Schedule an Appointment with a Chiropractor for Headaches in Burnsville, MN at Integrate Institute
If you are looking for a chiropractor for headaches in Burnsville, Minnesota, look no further than Integrate Institute. Integrate Institute is a leading chiropractic clinic specializing in headache care.
Our goal at Integrate Institute is to get you out of pain and help prevent future headaches by identifying imbalances in the body through our advanced diagnostic tests. We utilize these tests to determine what is out of balance and how we can correct the imbalances.
Give us a call today to know more about how we can help you get rid of headaches!
Be one step ahead, call us:
For more information, book an appointment with our specialists today.(952) 300 - 1461